Sunday 5 July 2015

The Truth About Ellen by Sarah Louise Smith

I was contacted by Sarah to see if I would like to review her new book, The Truth About Ellen and jumped at the chance to have this up on my blog. This review is brought to you by Guest Reviewer, Ellisa.



It's every girls dream to date a pop star...

When Ellen starts dating Tom, a member of the band she adored as a teenager, she can't believe how lucky she is. She neglects to mention that she's a huge fan because that just wouldn't be cool, would it?

Ellen also keeps quiet about how she once spent an evening with Tom's ex band mate / ex best friend Jasper, her long term celebrity crush. Tom doesn't need to know about that, it's all in the past.

That is until Tom and Jasper get back in touch... And the truth threatens to ruin everything Ellen has ever dreamed of...

As a teenager my celebrity crushes were Take That, 3T and Paul Nicholls, in my 20's it was McFly, well mainly Dougie. I used to have posters of all of them on my walls, folders and ceiling.

I used to imagine the day I would get to meet Paul Nichols, I would plan what I was going to say to him, and then he would fall in love with me. When I did finally get to meet him whilst I was working in a surf shop in London, I lost my power of speech when he spoke to me and actually giggled when he gave me his amazing grin, I've regretted that for along time!

Luckily for Ellen when she meets Tom who used to be in her favourite band Four ape, she's a lot better at handing meeting her teenage crush than I was!

This book is about what happens when you get to meet your teenage crush and realise that there only human and are actually real people. It's about falling in love, not just with the boy band member you grew up listening to but with the man he's become.

I love Ellen, I love her obsession with the band Four Ape, I love how accident prone she is (something I can relate to).

As soon as I started reading this I was transported into her world and couldn't put it down.
I'm now off to find out what else Sarah Louise Smith has written and read the rest of her books.




No comments:

Post a Comment