Sunday 22 May 2016

My Book Corner - Rebecca Minton

Today I'm delighted to be joined by fellow blogger and book lover, Rebecca Minton, to share her reading and writing secrets!

Tell us about your Book Corner/Writing Space?
My reading ‘corner’ is my bed. My bed is in the corner of my room, so I’ll get loads of pillows and make a little ‘nest’ in the corner get all snugly and comfy, and then goodbye world! It’s just so warm and comfy, I’m facing my bedroom window too so it’s perfect for lighting, against the radiator! It’s literal bliss. Usually within 5 minutes I’m joined my a small cat to stroke as well. Or shove his face in my book, both works. 



Do you have a favourite shelf/collection of books? Or favourite part of your Book Corner?
Yes! My fave shelves are all my favourite YA and must read soon YA like The Lunar Chronicles, The Mortal Instruments, Twilight etc… They’re just there pride of place. And above are my Original Harry Potters and the new Children’s Paperbacks Andy got me for christmas, which are joined by my limited edition Harry Potter Gringotts coins and some other HP merch!

Do you have any reading/writing habits?
Erm no? Not really. I generally read when I can, which 9 times out of 10 is before I got to sleep or Sundays she the bike racing is on and Andy is quiet ;). So reading is my sacred time so I try to at least get something in everyday, even if it’s just a chapter. I aim for one book a week if I can, sometimes I just can’t do it because I’m usually tackling a headache, but hopefully with new glasses and less headaches I’ll get more in!

 How do you keep apart, track and control your TBR to read books?
Control? What is this you speak of? I have no control whatsoever of my TBR. I have them on my bookshelves with books I HAVE read. But I have a monthly TBR pile of usually 4 books on my bedside table. So thats about as much control as I have right now. 
When it comes to tracking it, also no control whatsoever! I have a TBR jar of books I want to read of my own books, and I *try* to keep my ARCS in pub date order if I can! Bad blogger me. 


 Can you provide links to your social media handles please?

No comments:

Post a Comment